In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “The Language of Things.”
After thinking deeply about this. I remember when I did fall madly deeply in love .
So 5- 10 objects.
- A piece of dark Green Jade…..as it symbolises the deep ocean he loved
- A very smooth drinkable red wine. For all those informal meals we had just with us.
- A leather bound notebook full of parchment paper because he loved the way I could use words. And the way i conveyed my/ our love in poetry or just notes.
- That black and white photo I had made up of him, his siblings and their dad. When we all together at a wedding.
- The time Ashley qualified for the Olympic Team.. It was a culmination of all our hard work, friendship, mentoring and commitment ‘to the cause’. Sacrificing all of our needs over 3 years.
- The look on his face the day he proposed.
- The look on his face the day I said’I love you”.
- Bruce Springsteen CD’s because that was his favorite.
- My heart the day it was broken forever.